The Hawthorns Braintree, are currently recruiting for an attentive, dedicated and enthusiastic team player to join us as Housekeeping Assistant. As Housekeeping Assistant, you will support our Hotel Services team to ensure a high standard of quality and cleanliness, supporting us to meet our high expectations and regulatory requirements.
For this position it is desirable that you have prior experience of Housekeeping within a hospitality environment, although not required. A full induction will be provided.
The key responsibilities of our Housekeeping Assistant include:
- Cleaning of all public areas and amenities.
- Cleaning of residents’ apartments, which includes, but it is not limited to: changing bed and bath linens, turning mattresses (with assistance), vacuuming and spot cleaning carpets, dusting, cleaning windows, removing sealed rubbish bags, and wet cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, patios or balconies, ceiling, walls and refrigerators as required.
- Launder all linens by washing and drying in the laundry facilities provided.
- Deep clean apartments/public areas as required.
- Work pre-assigned Housekeeping schedule including weekend sickness and holiday cover as required.
- Provide holiday/sickness cover for the Head Housekeeper and take on additional responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
* instant access to your wages. No need to wait for payday! * exclusive employee discounts incl. retail and leisure savings * excellent career development incl. formal training * free parking * well-supported environment *
Hawthorn's retirement communities provide a unique concept of all-inclusive apartment living for the over 70s set within a purpose-built facility.
The Hawthorns first launched in the UK in 1985 in Clevedon, Somerset, followed by Eastbourne, East Sussex in 1999, and Braintree, Essex in 2009. March 2018 saw the launch of the latest edition to the Hawthorns portfolio in Northampton, leading the development of our retirement concept into the 21st century.
All of the Hawthorns retirement group locations are accredited with the prestigious Hospitality Assured Award, a national quality standard created and licensed by the Institute of Hospitality,
specifically for customer-led, service-orientated hospitality-focused businesses.
This post will require proof of eligibility to work in the UK.