* highly competitive rates of pay * instant access to your wages. No need to wait for payday! * exclusive employee discounts incl. retail and leisure savings * excellent career development incl. formal training * free parking * well-supported environment *
Are you tired of working challenging split shifts? Are you keen to address your work life balance, whilst continuing to create?
The Hawthorns Braintree are currently recruiting for a passionate, dedicated and creative team player to join us as Chef de Partie. As Chef de Partie you will work in support of our Hotel Services team through the preparation, seasoning and creation of food for residents and visitors; additionally, you will need to be prepared to cater for special functions. Our aim is to offer a variety of food which is nutritious seasonal, thoughtful and nourishing. Good quality food with inspirational cuisine can be both a treat and healthy, so no residents will have to feel guilty or left out when enjoying our food offering.
For this position it is essential that you have culinary experience, preferably in a hospitality environment, accompanied by a relevant catering qualification and, as a minimum, the Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
The key responsibilities of our Chef de Parties, include:
- Reviewing menus and daily logs to determine the type and quantities of meats, vegetables, salads, and/or soups and desserts to be prepared.
- Prepare all food following company menus and recipes, including resident’s special dietary requirements and company portion control standards.
- Follow safe food handling procedures.
- Work as a team member with other food service staff to ensure a smooth, efficient and safe operation of the kitchen area and meal service.
- Serve food attractively and punctually.
- Oversee preparation and set up of serving trolleys.
- Follow correct procedures for covering, labelling, dating and storing food in a timely manner.
- Clean up all meal preparation and service areas including but not limited to, pots and pans, kitchen surfaces, walls, and floors. Follow the cleaning schedule for specific cleaning assignments.
- Maintain a focus on customer satisfaction and resolve any food complaints as required.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
Hawthorn's retirement communities provide a unique concept of all-inclusive apartment living for the over 70s set within a purpose-built facility.
The Hawthorns first launched in the UK in 1985 in Clevedon, Somerset, followed by Eastbourne, East Sussex in 1999, and Braintree, Essex in 2009. March 2018 saw the launch of the latest edition to the Hawthorns portfolio in Northampton, leading the development of our retirement concept into the 21st century.
All of the Hawthorns retirement group locations are accredited with the prestigious Hospitality Assured Award, a national quality standard created and licensed by the Institute of Hospitality,
specifically for customer-led, service-orientated hospitality-focused businesses.
This post will require proof of eligibility to work in the UK.