Kimpton Charlotte Square are looking for a Luggage Porter or Door Person to join our growing Front Office Team....
Kimpton Charlotte Square – located in one of Edinburgh’s most beautiful squares in the New Town, this hotel is a perfect point between old and new. The hotel offers a fresh experience in the centre of the historic city, with a pristine, traditional outside and a buzzing edge inside. The hotel lives as a natural meeting point for the young-at-heart crowd of the city – a place of experimental, discovery and sociability. It inspires guests and locals alike with a face of timeless tradition, and a heart full of life and colour
We have an exciting opportunity for a Luggage Porter or Door Person to join our highly successful team here at Kimpton Charlotte Square. To be successful in this role you will need to be confident and an engaging communicator ensuring inspirational service is delivered to our guests.
Working as part of our front office team, you will be expected to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, organisational and interpersonal skills.
You will help our concierge desk with the smooth running of daily operations by ensuring that all guest requests are met in an efficient way. Being a Luggage Porter or Door Person is a hands on, operational role and will suit someone who likes working with ambitious, friendly and hardworking people in a down to earth setting.
We are paying £10.50 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
Luggage Porter’s or Door Person's, receive some great benefits:
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
In our managed Edinburgh properties, you can take full advantage of our £15 a month gym membership, with 20% off all spa treatments.
With 25% off in all restaurants & Bars, within both Kimpton Charlotte Square & InterContinental Edinburgh The George, and an amazing 50% off in Burr & Co coffee shop concept on George Street, you can enjoy all that our guests do at a discounted price.
- £10.50 per hour hour, Plus Great IHG Perks!
- 28/31/33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- An Overnight stay plus 1 when probationary period passed
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Employee healthcare plan
- Access to Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
You will feel at home with us if you are looking for a place where you can
- Be yourself: Bring in your individuality and the best and ever improving version of you. Who you are is who we are. So bring the real you.
- Lead yourself: Do the right thing when nobody is watching and take initiative. Find creative new ways to delight guests and colleagues, we trust you to learn, grow and continually improve at whatever you do.
- Make it count: Create ridiculously personal experiences (for our guests and our colleagues). What you do matters. You matter.
To succeed as a Luggage Porter or Door Person, you will need:
- Experience working in a similar role within a property of similar size
- To be a keen team-worker, confident working with others
- To have a focus on customer service - always striving to provide the best service to Guests!
- Impeccable presentation and a passion for detail
- Most importantly...willing to get stuck in and help out your immediate and wider Hotel team!
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Luggage Porter or Door Person, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.