We are a fab little whitewashed pub (with a big reputation) hidden away on the edge of Ashridge Forest.
This charming country pub is looking for a Sous Chef to complete our brigade of 8 chefs, cooking food from fresh, seasonal, local and foraged produce.
As a Sous Chef, you will need to demonstrate leadership and culinary skills that can command the respect of the team. We run a fun, kind and inclusive place where we take care of our people.
OTE earnings of £43k including a competitive salary and great tips, working a flexible a 9-day fortnight.
In return for your commitment, hard work and energy, we promise to look after you well and benefits with us include:
- 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- Training opportunities (Apprenticeships, HIT NVQ Training and First Aid to name a few)
- Great food on the house when working through mealtimes
- A drink on us at the end of your shift
- 25% off when eating or drinking in the pub with friends and family
- We are part of the Cycle to Work Scheme that gets you bikes and cycle accessories tax-free (saving you around half the cost)
- Once you have worked at the Alford for three months, we will sign you up to our company pension scheme. So, just as soon as you finish your probationary period, you start saving
- Refer someone good to us and earn up to £250
- A couple of cracking staff outings every year! (Previously we have had live bands, lots of dancing, Go Ape and Top Golf trips)