The Met Leeds are looking for a Conference Porter
Opening in the late 1800's The Met Hotel Leeds has welcomed guests to Leeds for over a century. Designed by local architects Chorley & Connon, this hotel is renowned for its Victorian terracotta facade and stone cupola taken from the city's demolished 4th White Cloth Hall. Today, The Met Hotel Leeds is still a much-loved landmark in Leads’ cityscape, blending its original design with contemporary interiors to create a 4-star city centre retreat. At The met Hotel, we not only mix history with style, our guests are offered the best service by our incredible team.
We are Looking for a Conference Porter who can commit to 24 hours per week.
We are paying £10.00 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
What’s in for you as a Conference Porter (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- £10.00 per hour plus great IHG perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service through delivering high-quality food & beverages to all guests, this role is for you.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- Our guests! From taking and delivering an order, dealing with customer transaction, or dealing with guest queries.
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. This is a full guest facing role, where you play a vital part in delivering a fantastic guest experience and it’s important to remain friendly approachable and be the best version of you whenever you come in to contact with one of our guests.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Conference Porter you will be:
- Set up meeting rooms as per guest requirements to meet company standards
- Clear down and clean meeting rooms after use
- Assist with banqueting set ups
- Store and maintain conference equipment
- Respond to the changing needs of the conference organisers in a timely manner
- Carry out ‘Ad hoc’ duties given to you by the duty Manager.
- Making sure coffee machines are set and ready
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
- This position reports to the C&B Manager
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.