The Mayflower, Lymington - SO413QD - Sous Chef - £32,000 plus service charge and bonus. Live in accommodation available at a cost.
The Mayflower in Lymington is a pub to fall for! Right on the Lymington estuary, the pub overlooks the sea. Just next door to the Lymington - Isle of Wight ferry station, your summer guests are travellers and locals a like. Reach the Mayflower by driving through the Hampshire New Forest and spend your days off exploring the moors, woodland and seaside just on the doorstep.
Our pub is a busy place, providing food and accommodation to weary travellers and seaside goers a like. Inside is harbour themed whilst outside BBQs, outdoor bars and a crab-shack style outside kitchen called The Ship's Galley, keep the garden alive with activity.
As Sous Chef you are the vital link in the chain being the champion for the team and the rock for your Head Chef. Almost ready to take the plunge and get behind the wheel of your own kitchen. You’re ready to take on responsibility, drive standards, deliver consistently, develop your team and challenge yourself. Our kitchens are busy places so as Sous Chef a level head, great organisation, and delivering every time with a smile, is the key to success.
We're looking for our Sous Chefs to:
- Have held a senior chef position in a premium pub or restaurant
- Communicate with guests and team
- Care about using fresh and seasonal produce
- Motivate their team, leading by example
- Be organised
- Know their kitchen numbers
- Have excellent knowledge of HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety
In this role we need someone with:
- Previous experience at management level in a premium hospitality business
- Excellent food & drink knowledge
- Good understanding of the importance of financial targets and how to achieve them
- Their own transport is essential
· Access to EarlyPay to help you with those unexpected nasty bills
· Weekly pay on non-salaried roles
· Join The Cirrus Highway, our training and development programme to set you on the road to success
· Earn up to an extra £500 when you refer a friend
· Park for free all day
· Service charge for all hours you’re working
· For your birthday, you chose your gift and it will be delivered to your door
· Flexible hours to suit you and your work/life balance
· We want you to live your best life, so when things get tough you’ve got free support from Health Assured, our employee assistance programme, which is available 24/7
· Unlimited 25% discount on food and drinks across all Cirrus pubs, for yourself, friends and family
· Treat yourself to a luxury get away with 50% off overnight stays at any Cirrus Inn, or treat your friends and family with 30% off
· If you like a tipple as much as us, you’ll love getting 10% off wine purchases with the Great Wine Company
· Feed your body and your brain with our free mental health, fitness and wellbeing apps
· Get rewarded for your hard work with vouchers in your wallet
· Discounts on high street stores, your weekly shops, your holidays and your days out
If you’re interested in joining and want to be part of a vibrant and highly successful pub collection, please send us your CV and apply now, we want to hear from you!
Cirrus Inns is a collection of iconic pubs and country inns, celebrating the best of British and supporting our local heroes. Cirrus Inns is not your usual "pub group". We want people with creativity, individuality, and flair to bring your own special brand of magic to our family and our pubs, so if you're looking for a cookie cutter operation then we are NOT for you. Please find out more about Cirrus Inns by visiting www.cirrusinns.co.uk.