An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head Chef to head up the kitchen brigade at Locket’s, a new café and wine bar in St James opening in October 2019.
Locket’s will be a 60 cover all-day café and wine bar, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner to the local community to eat in, take away and in the summer months will have the opportunity of outside dining. Locket’s will provide a casual alternative to the local restaurants and a more comfortable option than the local fast food chains for breakfast and lunch in the area. In the evening, Locket’s will have an extensive wine list by the glass, perfect for people wishing to catch up with friends after work while offering an extensive selection of tapas inspired dishes.
Our Mission is to create a sanctuary away from work and home; an accessible, comfortable, and enticing environment for people to relax for a moment in their busy lives. To continue the heritage of the Wiltons Holdings group by offering impeccable quality and service.
The successful candidate:
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Head Chef in a similar establishment or within a fast paced and high-quality food service environment
- Can demonstrate experience of writing and developing menus and dishes
- Has experience of working in a kitchen environment that does not use an open flame but has ovens and induction
- Has a good knowledge and experience in managing purchasing, stock control to achieve a desired GP
- Can demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to recruit, train, coach, manage and motivate their team
- A strong passion for international food and hospitality
- Has the ability to thrive under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude to all
- Has previous experience of recruitment, training, coaching and motivating their team
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, with customers, staff and suppliers alike
- Experience of managing the kitchen service of a minimum of 60 covers per service
- Has had the experience of maintaining a high standard hygiene and health and safety at work
- Has good working ability to use common computer programmes such as outlook, word and excel
- Yearly earnings of £45,000 including tronc
- Bonus scheme
- Approx. 48 hours a week Monday to Friday
- The restaurant is closed over weekends, Bank holidays, Christmas and Easter
- 28 days holidays (inc. bank holidays)
- Uniform provided
- 50% discount in each restaurant within the group
- Health insurance with Vitality
- Company pension scheme
- Meals whilst on duty
- Training & development opportunities
Please note that applications without a CV will not be considered. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days, your application is unlikely to have been successful on this occasion.