Sous Chef - with scope to be a Head Chef
HEALTHY YUMMIES IS SEEKING A SUPER STAR - SOUS CHEF
We are a young, creative & dynamic location Film Catering Company that is growing fast working on Film sets with the likes of MARVEL, NETFLIX, DISNEY and many more! We create healthy, interesting and memorable cuisine using ethically sourced, seasonal British whole foods. Happy crews mean happy productions!
We offer a 12 hour working shift from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. - so apply today!
Healthy Yummies is at the centre of a thousand tales, the location of a million memories.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A SOUS CHEF with a fabulous personality to join our team and also a SOUS CHEF with scope to be a HEAD CHEF !
Come work with us on a free-lance basis – a great remuneration package ranging from £170 - £180 per day.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
* Competitive salary * Uniform * Refer a friend scheme * Healthy Yummies lunch onsite * Room to advance * Creative environment * Great people * Lots of fun * Hospitality Compliance Training * Incentives available * Great jobs satisfaction
YOUR ROLE ON SET:
- Provide essential support to the H/Chef and where required, oversee and manage an individual satellite unit when unit base and location catering are split.
- Manage the catering element for a small independent production if required.
- React to all production requests/requirements and respond in a positive & timely manner.
- Must be familiar with all daily operations of the catering org and be able to perform any task where required.
- Control and monitor all HACCP/Allergen requirements and the Daily Cleaning Schedule - upload to Food Alert daily.
- Planning and directing food preparation ensuring food is prepared correctly by kitchen and Front of House Team (I.e Sandwiches).
- Be aware of all relevant food suppliers and their products and order accordingly as and where necessary; due to requirements.
- Be aware of the required food cost percentages as set down by the budget.
- Ensure all work areas of the kitchen vehicle (Or studio kitchen), dry stores (On the Luton) and refrigeration are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition at all times - especially after the shift has finished.
- Ensure all H&S practices are strictly adhered to especially concerning the correct and safe practice of using the LPG gas.
- To perform any other duties deemed necessary for the smooth and efficient running of the Department.
THE MUST HAVES:
- Have the eligibility to work in the uk
- Own transport and driving licence
- Can do attitude
- Self Motivated and encouraging
Location work is within the M25 and beyond.
Come and join us for this exciting opportunity!
Note: COVID TESTING: A lateral flow test may be required and will be arranged by onsite by Production.
Scope of works available on request