We are currently looking for a Waiter to join our team at The Bailiwick Free House. As a Senior Waiter, you will be responsible for coordinating, planning and participating in all restaurant activities to ensure a highly efficient, professional, yet friendly, service delivery to our guests.
After only being open a year the team at The Bailiwick have been awarded a place in the Michelin Guide, a place in The Top 50 Gastro Pub List, Muddy Stilletos Little Black Book and many more.
• Working alongside the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Manager to run the shifts.
• Meeting and greeting customers, organising table reservations.
• To deal responsibly with payment transactions and maintain strict control of the bills.
• To lead, manage and inspire junior staff to deliver outstanding customer service.
• To work closely with the Management team and take their guidance to achieve high-quality service standards as described in our Service Operating Procedures.
• Ensure each customer receives impeccable service.
• To take the take ownership of your section.
• Taking guests' food orders.
• Delegating tasks and checking their execution.
• Supervise the set-up and breakdown of the restaurant.
• Undertake monthly stock takes and oversee the ordering of stock.
• To be a team player.
• Previous experience in a fine dining restaurant beneficial
• Be passionate about delivering the highest levels of service to our guests in an engaging way.
• Personality combined with the ability to engage everyone around you and build long-term rapport with both the guests and your colleagues.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Enthusiastic, quick thinking and welcoming personality.
• Good business awareness for achieving successful performance.
THE BAILIWICK WILL:
• Invest in you, give full training and develop your skills.
• Make your workplace fun.
• Plan trips to visit suppliers and other
• Give excellent benefits such as staff food on shift, discounts for friends and family.
• Close over Christmas so you can spend time with family.
• Offer accommodation on site.