Healthcare Assistant - The Orchard Care Home
- St Albans, Hertfordshire
- £8.72 p/h + benefits
- Day shift - 8am to 8pm
- Full/Part Time opportunities available!
As you step inside there’s clean, bright, fresh spaces, and flowers everywhere. We have comfortable lounges, an activity room, hair salon and brand-new bistro full of homemade cakes and freshly brewed coffee. Explore quiet nooks with comfy armchairs, classic novels and books on the shelves. To keep the mind sharp you’ll find board games, cards and puzzles. A well-stocked arts and crafts room is the perfect space to spread out and create. We have a wonderful display of photos, drawings, and art for our residents and visitors to enjoy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An excellent and exciting opportunity to join The Orchard Care Home as a Care Assistant! You will work part of a great team and be making a difference to our residents by providing excellent care standards, taking pride in treating our residents as individuals. As a Care Assistant at Caring Homes, you’ll help residents enjoy each day by making sure they get the quality care and support they deserve. Responsible for supporting our elderly residents with daily living, providing support and companionship, assisting with their physical and personal needs – where every day is different and rewarding!
THE SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
If making people’s lives better is what gets you up in the morning, you should come and join a like-minded team at The Orchard. As a Care Assistant here, you can make a real difference to the lives of our residents with reliable, compassionate care.
And we’re not looking for experience or qualifications: we’ll give you all the training you need. Furthermore, we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your career with us and progress into a Senior Care Assistant role.
What we want above all are genuinely kind, sympathetic people, who will really get a thrill from enhancing the happiness and wellbeing of our residents. Whether it’s going out of the way to make them feel comfortable and respected, or just taking an interest in how their grandchildren are doing, you’ll be the kind of person who loves to brighten up our residents’ days.
If that sounds like you, we think you’ll love working at The Orchard. We’re part of the Caring Homes Group, which is one of the UK’s leading providers of residential, nursing and dementia care for the elderly.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE CAN OFFER YOU?
Within Caring Homes Group you can expect not just an exceptional and extensive benefits package as listed below, you will also get satisfaction of doing genuinely rewarding work.
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Full paid induction programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialised
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Optional company pension scheme, once eligibility criteria met
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Free or subsidised meals*
Love your job every day.
If you would like a meaningful career making a positive impact on the lives of those who require care and support, then please apply now by clicking the links or by emailing your cv to ldenmead@Caringhomes.org.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.
*Dependant on location