Senior Care Assistant, Hillview Court
- Sauchie, Alloa
- £10.30 p/h + benefits
- Day Shift - 06:45am - 19:00pm
- Night Shift - 18:45pm to 07:00am
- Full time, 39.5 hours per week
- 2 week rota: Week 1 - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday / Week 2 - Monday, Tuesday
The Home: Hillview Court in Clackmannanshire is a 48 bed home, where we provide specialist nursing and dementia care in separate specialised houses for elderly.
We also provide services for people with learning disabilities and acquired brain injuries – including alcohol related illnesses for people aged 18 and over.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- An excellent and exciting opportunity to join our Hillview Court Care Home as a Senior Care Assistant! You will work part of a great team and be making a difference to our residents by providing excellent care standards, taking pride in treating our residents as individuals.
- If making people’s lives better is what gets you up in the morning, you should come and join a like-minded team at our Hillview Court Care Home. As a Senior Care Assistant here, you can make a real difference to the lives of our residents with reliable, compassionate care.
- Whether it’s going out of the way to make them feel comfortable and respected, or just taking an interest in how their grandchildren are doing, you’ll be the kind of person who loves to brighten up our residents’ days.
If that sounds like you, we think you’ll love working at Hillview. We’re part of the Caring Homes Group, which is one of the UK’s leading providers of residential, nursing and dementia care for the elderly.
THE SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
To join us as a Senior Healthcare Assistant, you’ll need:
- Previous experience working with older people in residential care.
- You will need to be flexible, patient, caring, organised and great with people.
- You will have strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Completed your SVQ 3 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent).
- It will be your responsibility to build strong relationships with all those around you, making sure family and friends feel welcomed, that health care professionals are kept well-informed, and that you’re keeping your Line Manager up to speed with residents’ needs and progress.
- A team player, you can follow guidelines and policies easily, and will have good written skills, as you will need to write up care plans.
- You’ll be enthusiastic and have empathy, a can-do approach and excellent communication skills. Above all you’ll have real compassion for all our residents to deliver the highest standard of care.
- Flexible to work shifts on a rota basis, and work alternate weekends
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS WE CAN OFFER YOU?
Within Caring Homes Group you can expect not just an exceptional and extensive benefits package as listed below, you will also get satisfaction of doing genuinely rewarding work.
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Full paid induction programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialised
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portalWe are a
- Wagestream employer, this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing.
- Free or subsidised meals*
Love your job every day! If you would like a meaningful career making a positive impact on the lives of those who require care and support, then please apply now by clicking the link, or apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.