24 Hours per week
£8.72 per hour
Caring Homes is currently recruiting for a Wellbeing Coordinator for our home Coppice Lea located in Merstham, Surrey. The home is designed around the needs of its residents and will provide the highest level of residential, nursing and dementia care.
This is an exciting role to work as a dynamic and motivated Wellbeing Coordinator where you will help promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment. Understanding individual personalities, feelings and lifestyle to enable us to provide each resident with personalised activities relating to their unique interests, making meaningful activity an essential part of care, so our residents can live each day in the way they want.
You will be passionate about providing a varied 7 day programme of activities to stimulate and keep our residents engaged, you will work in close conjunction with the care team, where you will build good relationships with the residents and relatives.
- Responsible for providing stimulation and encouragement to residents through entertainment, activities and community links.
- You will help our residents maintain active and independent lives through the creation and delivery of individualised activity plans based on their interests, abilities and life experience.
- Coordinating a calendar of entertainment within the home for both indoor and outdoor activities.
- To ensure a variety of daily activities suited to residents lifestyles are taking place in the home throughout the day
- To formulate an activity profile for each individual resident through liaison with care/nursing staff.
- Build relationships with residents, their friends and family members tailoring individual lifestyles
- Liaise with senior nursing staff in respect of relative medical or nursing care information regarding residents.
- Previous experience of creating a 7 day programme from scratch and also organising activities within a care setting is essential.
- Understanding of the different types of activities elderly residents will enjoy.
- Creative flair with a range of practical skills e.g. arts & crafts.
- Ability to motivate and engage people with good negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan a calendar of activities.
- Able to create an environment where residents feel able to participate and contribute ideas.
What are some of the benefits we can offer you?
- Great rates of pay – we regularly review regional and competitor pay rates to ensure we’re offering the best incentives to work with us
- Flexible hours – enabling you to balance work and home life.
- Voluntary Benefits Package – offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
- Personalised career path ladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
- Learning and Development programme with full induction training including buddy system
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online Health Portal - All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopaedia of health information
- Refer a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 refer-a-nurse and £250 refer-a-friend for care and support workers.
- We are a Wagestream employer, this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing.
If you want be part of this exciting journey and join our family we’d love to hear from you to discuss this fantastic opportunity further!
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.