Senior Healthcare Assistant - Claydon House
- Lewes, East Sussex
- Full time, 36 hours a week
- Days: 8am - 8pm
- £9.30 - £9.50 p/h + paid breaks
Located on a quiet residential crescent in the heart of the vibrant town of Lewes. Claydon House was once a former Admiral’s residence, now sympathetically refurbished to provide modern facilities whilst retaining its Victorian charm. You’ll find first-class facilities with exciting activities, and plenty of places to relax or entertain. Residents and families make the most of our location to browse in the local shops, have lunch in the cafes and cosy pubs or explore our rose garden.
ABOUT THE ROLE
An excellent and exciting opportunity to join our Claydon House Care Home as a Senior Care Assistant! You will work as part of a great team and be making a difference to our residents by providing excellent care standards, taking pride in treating our residents as individuals.
Responsible for supporting our elderly residents with daily living, providing support and companionship, assisting with their physical and personal needs – where every day is different and rewarding!
THE SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
To join us as a Senior Healthcare Assistant, you’ll need previous experience working with older people in residential care. You will need to be flexible, patient, caring, organised and great with people. You will have strong communication skills both verbally and in writing and also will have completed your NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent).
It will be your responsibility to build strong relationships with all those around you, making sure family and friends feel welcomed, that health care professionals are kept well-informed, and that you’re keeping your Line Manager up to speed with residents’ needs and progress. A team player, you can follow guidelines and policies easily, and will have good written skills, as you will need to write up care plans.
If you don’t have it already, you’ll need to be willing to work towards your NVQ 3 in Care, which we will assist you with. You’ll also need to be flexible to work shifts on a rota basis.
If making people’s lives better is what gets you up in the morning, you should come and join a like-minded team at our Claydon House Care Home. As a Senior Care Assistant here, you can make a real difference to the lives of our residents with reliable, compassionate care.
What we want above all are genuinely kind, sympathetic people, who will really get a thrill from enhancing the happiness and wellbeing of our residents.
Whether it’s going out of the way to make them feel comfortable and respected, or just taking an interest in how their grandchildren are doing, you’ll be the kind of person who loves to brighten up our residents’ days.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE CAN OFFER YOU?
Within Caring Homes Group you can expect not just an exceptional and extensive benefits package as listed below, you will also get satisfaction of doing genuinely rewarding work.
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Full paid induction programme
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialised
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Free or subsidised meals*
- We are a Wagestream employer, this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing.
Love your job every day.
If you would like a meaningful career making a positive impact on the lives of those who require care and support, then please apply now by clicking the link, or apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org..
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
*Dependant on location