Field Studies Council Slapton Ley, Kingsbridge, Devon
Up to £22,582 per annum plus benefits
37.5 hours per week / Permanent / Annualised.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC), one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Field Studies Council is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
The Lead Housekeeper will lead and manage the housekeeping team to ensure an excellent hospitality service is delivered, and that the learning location is clean and tidy and presents a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for visitors at all times. This role is very much ‘on the ground’ therefore the post holder will take part in all duties of this role and be responsible for ensuring that all team members maintain our high standards of work throughout the learning location.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Kate Payne on 01548 580466.
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 9 September 2022.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Field Studies Council Slapton Ley on 21 September 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.