Field Studies Council Flatford Mill, East Bergholt, Suffolk
Up to £10.08 per hour
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Field Studies Council (FSC), one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Field Studies Council is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us. Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
Overall Job purpose:
The Gardener will be responsible for the overall up-keep and improvement of the Centre’s Gardens.
This is essentially an active role and will require the job holder to be able to carry out duties associated with gardening work including manual handling.
Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call John Blair on 01206 297110.
Applications will be considered on arrival.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy when we’re in receipt of sufficient applications. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at FSC Flatford Mill as appropriate and shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.