Chef de partie, The Star, Witley, Brucan Pubs.
We are seeking a Chef de Partie to work across all sections of our food lovers’ pub close to Godalming. The Star, Witley, is being refurbished and relaunched this summer as our fourth pub.
Salary available up to £13.00 per hour, averaging 45 hours per week.
- Our menu follows an aggressively British seasonal structure alongside a strong focus on nose to tail cooking. Our team is responsible for the preparation of all menu items in house, including weekly butchery of whole carcasses sourced direct from the best rare breed farmers in the country.
- We are looking for a chef with a genuine passion for exceptional food who is enthusiastic, ambitious by nature and can communicate effectively at all levels. Excellent attention to detail and standards. You will have previous experience working at similar establishments with exposure to fresh food cooking, ideally to 2 AA-rosette standard, from a quality pub, hotel, or restaurant operation.
- Our kitchen is serving 100 to 150 covers per day
- Our head chef will provide any training needed to fill gaps in experience and develop skills.
Duties will include –
- Working with the team to make sure daily and weekly prep is done
- Maintaining communication during service to keep up with orders
- Working closely with the front of house team
- Maintaining kitchen hygiene and safety systems
- Working across various sections of the kitchen
- Section ordering, stock control and waste management
- Details and employee benefits:
- £11.00 to £13.00 per hour depending on experience and availability.
- Average working week of 40-45hrs (may increase during busier periods)
- Promotion and development available with company growth.
- Ongoing one to one staff development, training, communication and feedback.
- Regular staff trips and farm visits to help deepen your knowledge and share in our passion for regenerative and rare breed farming.
- An additional paid day off on your birthday, to make sure you can enjoy it fully!
- Access to our supply chain at cost price so that you can benefit from our extensive network of farmers and producers across the UK
Brucan Pubs prides itself on empowering all our colleagues, giving you an input into developing your skills, menu changes and kitchen processes.
We are an independent company with hands on owners working in the business and alongside the team each day.
We believe in a cohesive team that works together safely and constructively, adding knowledge and value to each other’s careers.
As a growing company we ensure our new colleagues receive the best training and development from their first day putting them on a growth plan for future openings.
All applicants with relevant chef experience welcome.
All applicants must have valid right to work in the UK.
By applying to this position, you are consenting to share your data with us for the purposes of recruitment & staff resourcing.