Galvin Bar & Grill are looking for a Restaurant Manager to join their growing team!
Kimpton Fitzroy luxury lifestyle met Michelin Starred brothers Jeff and Chris Galvin to bring to London a new exciting dining experience. The Kimpton Fitzroy impressive dining room on Guilford Street, is now home to Galvin Bar & Grill. The restaurant is the Galvin brothers' take on the modern British grill, focused around ethically and sustainably sourced produce. While rooted in British cooking, the menu is not wedded to traditional dishes, drawing inspiration from other cultures to reflect the diversity of modern Britain. The menu embodies how the Galvin’s would like to see Britain today: ethical, generous and open.
Your day to day
The Galvin Restaurant Manager supports the Head of Food & Beverage with the effective and efficient running of the Galvin Restaurant Team and wider hotel F&B team as required. This role is directly responsible for the Galvin Grill department ensuring financial targets are achieved whilst maintaining the highest of standards to ensure guest expectation is consistently exceeded.
The Restaurant Outlet Manager works in strict collaboration with the Bar Manager to ensure each guest has the best experience across Galvin Bar &Grill.
They communicate both internally within the Food & Beverage Team and externally, both with the wider hotel team and immediate locale to ensure the guest experience is personalised and always exceeds expectation.
What we need from you
To succeed as our Restaurant Manager you should be able to:
- Demonstrate previous experience as Restaurant Manager
- Perform a variety of activities as needed across all food and beverage departments, as a minimum; supervise a large scale meeting, wedding or social event and host and supervise a service across all meal periods
- Expected to have completed Food Safety Level 2 and completion of other appropriate and relevant courses
- Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes table reservation and management system, Micros Simphony (or relevant POS) and Quinyx
- Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge with an understanding on critical issues and potential technology and trends in hotel food and beverage
- Can talk through activities that would be required on a food and beverage marketing calendar and recognizes how to impact different booking channels
What we offer
What’s in it for you as our Restaurant Manager:
We are part of the IHG Hotels & Resorts family, one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with a portfolio of 17 brands worldwide - which means global opportunities! Our Restaurant Outlet Manager enjoys a range of benefits including:
- Up to £50,000 salary plus paid overtime and great IHG perks!
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- We provide every employee company sick pay and life insurance
- Amazing discounts for our hotels and restaurants around the world
- Discounts from over 15,000 stores – all the way from retail to cinema
- Don’t forget, bring your friends and take part in our generous ‘Refer a Friend’ programme!
But above all you will have space to:
Be Yourself! We support you to be the best version of yourself within your professional and personal life. You will be able to participate in monthly well-being activities, talk to our Mental Health First Aiders and access our confidential colleague support line.
Lead Yourself! Empowerment is key and we want to see you thrive. We want you to lead your career and we will provide you the tools and knowledge to help you get there. Whether you want to become a Mental Health First Aiders, gain Leadership Skills, become a Departmental Trainer or the next General Manager.
Make it Count! Every small or big milestone will be rewarded and celebrated as a memorable experience. Because what you do matters. You matter!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.