Chef/Cook (Friday - Sunday)
(Responsible to: The Manager or deputy/Senior in manager’s absence .. Responsible for: Kitchen Assistants.)
*All pre-booked Summer holidays will be honoured!
Black Swan Care Group has become a Real Living Wage employer! Our other benefits include:
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year. (Based on hours / pro rata.) and enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing Day & Bank Holidays.
- DBS costs paid for by the company.
- Paid breaks and *free meals.
- Fully paid induction and training programme.
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career (Mandatory and specialised.)
- Progression with internal promotions available, across the group.
- Pension scheme.
- Blue light card.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme. (£200 per placement.)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme.
- Employee Careline with our confidential telephone counselling, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Purpose of Position:
1. To take responsibility by consulting with the Manager to promote a high standard of food hygiene and cleanliness within the working environment.
2. To maintain a high standard of food preparation and implement the requirements set out by the Environment Health and Local Authority for the Home, the Food Safety Act 1990 and the Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2005. To ensure that the kitchen and associated areas fully conform to the requirements as laid down under the Health and Safety at Work legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and review standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the kitchen, in line with the Health and Safety Act, relevant Food Hygiene Acts and Company Procedures (Personal appearance must be of an acceptable level. Uniform provided must be worn, hair covered or tied back. Sensible enclosed non-slip shoes to be worn.) Maintain and check first aid equipment within the kitchen, reporting any faults to management.
- Maintain a well-balanced nutritious diet (Taking into consideration special dietary needs and requirements as set out in Residents Care Plans) and take resident’s menu choices daily from the planned menus using the correct Company’s menu choice form.
- Prepare food in accordance with menu specifications and monitor food cooking and presentation standards in line with the Manager and Resident’s requests.
- Ensure the Company’s stock and order system is followed on a weekly basis to avoid over/under stocking of food items using the Company’s nominated suppliers only. Ensure an adequate system is in place to check all food deliveries are correct and of good quality and that all deliveries are temperature probed, recorded, stored correctly and stock rotated.
- In consultation with Senior Management and Home Manager, forward plan activities to ensure Residents are provided with an interesting and varied choice of special events in which they can join in and in turn enhance their quality of life.
- Aid the care staff when they are assisting those residents who wish to take an active part in the preparation of meals.
- Contribute and assist Senior Management in completion of the Company’s Quality Audit and to adhere to requirements requested in this procedure.
(Please note, we do not offer sponsorships to candidates.)