voco® Oxford Spires has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Meetings & Events Coordinator!!!
You will earn £12.00 per hour which is equal to £25,000 full time salary!!
Staff Accommodation in central Oxford available!!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
What we need from you
We are looking for a Meetings & Events Coordinator who will report to the Head of Reservations, Groups, Meeting & Events and Reservations, Groups, Meeting & Events Manager, you will assist the Events & Reservations office to convert and maximise hotel and event enquiries and bookings to maximise revenue.
Given the nature of this role it’s important that you have some Reservations, Groups, Meeting & Events experience-whether you have previously worked in a hotel in Hotels or destination venues, work in Sales administration role, this may be the role for you. Along with the above, you’ll pride yourself on your high levels of attention to detail and delivering our brand standards.
- Working closely with and reporting to the Commercial Lead & Manager
- Ensuring enquiries are managed to maximise sales, occupancy and revenue, including up-selling equipment, F&B and relevant hotel facilities wherever possible
- Accurately inputting all enquiries into Sales and Catering system
- Compiling accurate function sheets, distributing weekly and discussing with Operations Team, accordingly, proving updates as require
- Actively working as part of a team to achieve the department objectives and budget
- Actively consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints
- Liaise with clients to ensure that accurate details for each event & reservation are obtained
- To consistently deliver an excellent service to all guests and clients making enquiries or bookings at the hotel, with face to face and telephone meetings.
- Establishing client requirements and identifying how the hotel can facilitate their needs
- Responding to all M&E enquiries in-line with company standard
You will build strong relationships with your clients through regular contact by telephone, e-mail and in person. You will also actively seek client feedback and sales leads wherever possible. All bookings will be made via our in-house system, creating written confirmations & function sheets.
What we offer
Meeting & Events Coordinator, receive some great benefits:
- £25,000 per annum (£12.00 per Hour) - 40 Hour Working Week!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service through delivering high-quality food & beverages to all guests, this role is for you.
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering first-rate guest service through your high-quality work, this role is for you.
voco® Oxford Spires, a stylish hotel in Oxford close to the River Thames, we’re a short stroll from fascinating museums and university colleges in the city centre. At voco® Oxford Spires our guest rooms offer welcoming voco® flourishes. Enjoy all-day dining in Deacons Restaurant and cocktails in Deacons bar with outside options for eating and drinking on the attractive terraces. The Hotel is surrounded by gardens and if you’re lucky (and quiet) you might even spot our resident family of muntjac deer.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Reservations, Groups, Meeting & Events Coordinator, then please click ‘apply’ now!!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.