Care Assistant Apprentice
Wages will be paid at the following rates -
16-20 - £6.15, 21-25 - £7.70 and 25+ - £8.72
Duties will include
- To work & care for residents in line with the B&M Care Rose Model of Dementia Care to assist in maintaining their dignity and respect in a person centered way.
- To provide the care detailed in the residents individualised care plan using a person centered approach
- To ensure that the Mobile Care Monitoring (MCM) device is used effectively.
- Supporting residents with all aspects of personal care whilst maintaining and promoting independence and ensuring privacy and respect.
- To ensure that residents are dressed appropriately and in possession of their individual aids, i.e. dentures, hearing aids, walking frames etc.
- Ensure that resident’s clothes are cared for and clothing that is to be repaired or beyond repair is reported to housekeeping or a family member.
- Help serve meals to residents as well as preparing and clearing the dining area.
- Support and assist residents with their meals as required in a dignified and respectful manner ensuring that a pleasant and calm atmosphere is maintained.
- To observe and report any physical, physiological and emotional changes to the well-being of the resident to a member of the senior team.
- To identify and meet the social, emotional and cultural needs of residents and participate in the organisation for social and recreational activities.
- Support residents to use the environment to its full potential including the outside environment taking into account each individuals mobility needs.
- To undertake the role of the keyworker in relation to each individual care homes guidelines.
- Making and serving refreshments for residents and visitors as required.
- Leaving bedrooms to a presentable standard which will include bed making, tidying draws and wardrobes and emptying bins.
- Assist and promote good housekeeping throughout the home.
- Toilets and showers are cleaned in compliance with infection control guidelines.
- Awareness of medication procedures.
- To ensure that clean clothing and linen are distributed to the appropriate residents and areas.
- To have a clear understanding of the B&M Care Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- To be able to produce legible and accurate documentation in relation to care plans and other reporting and recording of information on the Mobile Care Monitoring (MCM) System.
- To participate and contribute to reviews and assessments.
- Assist senior staff with the admission of new residents in order to create a welcoming atmosphere and to welcome residents, relatives and friends into the home.
- To attend all training sessions, supervisions and appraisals.
- To attend and contribute to all handovers, and staff meetings ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times