Commis Chef Apprenticeship
The Five Bells have a fantastic opportunity for a keen apprentice to join their busy kitchen team, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Number of Positions Available
Where Fine Dining Meets Country Pub
Detailed Job Description
The Five Bells food is homemade (even the bread!) using locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, and is always cooked fresh to order for their customers to enjoy in either their restaurant, bar dining area, or sumptuous gardens.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for a keen apprentice to join their busy kitchen team, learn the trade and gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
Duties to include:
• To ensure all food is served to the required company standard.
• To aid the Head Chef in implementing all new menus.
• To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen operation.
• To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
• To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal hygiene standards.
• To maintain a professional working relationship with the food service team.
• To comply with all regulations as stated in the normal operating procedures.
• All maintenance issues reported immediately following the correct procedures.
• Cleaning chemicals are used as directed, to achieve desired results and reduce wastage.
• Awareness of how the role impacts on the pub profit and loss account.
• Must be aware of pubs opening times, disabled facilities, room types etc.
• Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe system of work appropriate to your role.
• In use of company nominated chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply by COSHH.
• Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents.
• To have a complete understanding of hotel and Company procedure in the event of a fire.
• To ensure the Company Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislation are adhered to; this will involve action and appropriate training.
• Ensure security for both self and all departments.
• To abide by all company and legal food safety standards
• To ensure that you hold an appropriate food hygiene certificate.
• That all new procedures comply with food safety policy.
Attention to detail
NOne required, however, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Full-time employment, further training and business incentives.
Training to be Provided
Commis Chef apprenticeship Level 2
Maths and English if required
40 hours per week to include weekends and bank holidays and Evening
Things to consider
Reliable transport is a must as premises is in the countryside