Casa Hotel is an independently owned 4-star hotel. The hotel offers an outstanding dining experience in our 2-rosette award winning Cocina Restaurant and our authentically Spanish Barca Bar. We use the finest cuts of meat and produce which arrive directly from the owner’s farm on the outskirts of Chesterfield. Our beautiful sister hotel, The Peak Edge Hotel is based on the outskirts of Chesterfield towards Matlock and is right on the edge of the Peak District National Park.
Who we are looking for: -
If you are an experienced, enthusiastic, vibrant team player who thrives on the buzz of a bustling kitchen that has a family feel then Casa is the place for you.
We need someone who is keen to take responsibility for ensuring the delivery of high standards of cuisine within our 2-rosette restaurant delivering private dining and weddings to ultimately create fantastic memories for our guests.
As Chef de Partie you will work in our Cocina restaurant, Barca Bar and on conference and banqueting events. You will be confident working on all sections in the kitchen whilst also assisting with the supervision of the CDPs and Commis Chefs.
Your duties and responsibilities: -
· Ensure all food preparation meets our high standards
· Prepare and present high-quality food
· Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
· Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
· Assist in positive outcomes from guests queries in a timely and efficient manner
· Ensure food and produce is of a great quality and stored correctly
· Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
· Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
· Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
· Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
· Be environmentally aware
Our Key Requirements: -
We are looking for an experienced Chef de Partie with plenty of experience working in hotel kitchens who is looking to progress their career into a Senior Chef de Partie position.
Knowledge of conference and banqueting up to 150 is preferable but not essential.
· A minimum of 2 years of previous experience
· Ability and desire to work as part of a close team
· Excellent communication skills
· NVQ Level 3 preferred but not essential
· Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
· Supervisory experience
· Positive attitude
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to work on your own initiative or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
· Previous kitchen experience in similar role
· Intermediate Food Hygiene
· Knowledge of current food trends
What we will offer you: -
· Starting salary of £18,500 per annum - negotiable dependent on experience
· Subsidised modern accommodation
· Laundered uniform and Birkenstock footwear
· Meals on Duty
· Paid Overtime over 45 hours per week
· Pension Scheme
· Staff Discounts
· Free parking
· Excellent opportunities for progression