InterContinental Edinburgh The George has a fantastic opportunity to join our Team as an Assistant Housekeeping Manager….
InterContinental® Edinburgh The George has been welcoming hotel guests since 1881 where it is nested in the UNESCO World Heritage area of the beautiful and cultured city of Edinburgh. At its heart are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh’s most prosperous citizens and with proud connections with literacy legends such as Robbie Burns and Sir Walker Scott. Today, The InterContinental Edinburgh The George offers all the service and luxury of an InterContinental® life, with charming character in our rooms, our own Printing Press Bar & Restaurant, very own Burr & Co Coffee Shop and enchanting hospitality throughout.
We are looking for someone who can work 40 hours per week (5 out of 7 days including weekends) and we are paying a market competitive salary!
As our Assistant Housekeeping Manager you will support the Executive Housekeeping Manager to manage our Team Leaders and Team Members in achieving excellence and maintaining the high quality of cleaning throughout our Hotel by following brand standards. You will be involved with a variety of tasks such as checking of rooms and public areas; maintaining high levels of communications with Front Office; monitoring stock levels and working with our team to identify any concerns and raising with the Executive Housekeeping Manager. You will be a people-person who is confident in identifying areas of improvement, ensuring smooth onboarding for our new colleagues and being involved with regular coaching and check ups with our Team.
This exciting opportunity will develop your skills in management and provide you with the support needed to excel in your role while making a real impact on the way which our team perform – all this in addition to joining the friendly IHG family and receiving the great perks that come with it!
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service – this role is for you! We want someone who isn’t afraid to get stuck in and help our team when needed, leading by example.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- Our guests! From the moment a guest arrives to check in, they will be greeted with a clean and safe environment – with special touches to make their stay even better. Our Housekeeping function are key in ensuring that our guests are wowed by their environment and leave us feeling happy – so it is vital that our Housekeeping Team are given the tools and support needed to provide this service!
To succeed as our Assistant Housekeeping Manager, you will need:
- Housekeeping duty management and team leadership experience for 2+ years in a property of similar size & standard.
- Proven track record with coaching and training and the implementation of process and audit
- Capability to lead a team through self-initiative and collaboration with the wider hotel team
- Knowledge of Opera and Quore is a massive plus, as well as being a confident user of Microsoft applications
What we offer
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
In our managed Edinburgh properties, you can take full advantage of our £15 a month gym membership, with 20% off all spa treatments.
With 25% off in all restaurants & Bars, within both Kimpton Charlotte Square & InterContinental Edinburgh The George, and an amazing 50% off in Burr & Co coffee shop on George Street, you can enjoy all that our guests do at a discounted price.
- Market Competitive Salary, Plus Great IHG Perks!
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- An Overnight stay with a plus 1 when probationary period passed
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Employee healthcare plan
- Access to Mental Health first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Do you have what it takes to be our Assistant Housekeeping Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.