Privately owned, award winning, 4* CASA hotel - seeking Sous Chef.
Casa is the Spanish word for 'home' and that is our aim, to create a welcoming atmosphere in which to relax or do business. A subtle Spanish theme runs through the hotel, helping to create a feeling of warmth combined with a touch of the exotic.
Quality abounds at Casa, right from the grand reception finished with Spanish marble, to the deluxe bedrooms decorated in warm, autumnal tones and boasting plush furnishings. Guests and visitors of Casa can also enjoy traditional Spanish tapas in the homely restaurant and there are numerous uniquely decorated bars to unwind in.
We are seeking a highly motivated Sous Chef to join a strong and dynamic team at our award-winning 100-bedroom, four-star hotel with busy meetings and events facilities, plus our highly regarded 2 AA Rosette restaurant Cocina.
We are proud to cook with locally sourced lamb, beef, pork and eggs from the hotel owners’ private farm on the outskirts of Chesterfield.
Your key areas of responsibility would be our Barca Bar, Cocina Restaurant and conference and banqueting. You will be given the freedom to create dishes to be served in all areas of the hotel and if suitable they will be included on the menus.
If you love the buzz of a bustling kitchen that has a family feel then Casa is the place for you.
You must be positive and driven with a pro-active attitude. It is vital that you are friendly, approachable, and a real team player whilst also being a strong leader who can be relied upon to be professional and organised. You would be assisting in the management of the kitchen department looking after the main hotel kitchen efficiently, and ideally would be experienced in banqueting for large events. A strong work ethic is vital.
· To ensure that food preparation and quality is of the highest standard possible within the limits of budgeted profit targets with a view to maximising sales to guests and ensuring staff welfare.
· Responsible for stock control; ensuring that stock levels are in line with Company requirements and to control food stocks each month in co-operation with Executive Chef.
· Liaise with the Conference & Banqueting and Sales on menus.
· To personally prepare special dishes as required.
· To ensure that due diligence documentation, rotas and other working papers are efficiently completed within company guidelines
· Fully aware of all requirements of health and safety in the kitchen
· To put ideas forward and ensure a high standard across all food sectors within the kitchen.
· Able to operate all sections of the kitchen
· Menu planning and design
· Rota management
Salary and Benefits
· Starting salary of £24,000.00 to £26,000.00 per annum - negotiable dependent on experience
· Subsidised modern accommodation
· Laundered uniform and Birkenstock footwear
· Meals on Duty
· Paid Overtime over 45 hours per week
· Pension Scheme
· Staff Discounts
· Free parking
· Excellent opportunities for progression
· Brigade of support and kitchen staff
If you are looking for a role where you can thrive in a friendly environment with a fantastic work/life balance, doing what you love, then this really is an opportunity not to be missed.
Casa Hotel manages all its recruitment processes internally. No recruitment agency calls or enquiries please.