Kimpton Charlotte Square are looking for an Executive Head Chef to lead our growing kitchen team,
Salary up to £55,000 per annum – Plus up to 15% Annual Bonus
As Executive Head Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing and continuing the smooth operation of this busy kitchen, with emphasis on quality, creativity and presentation. You will leverage these to ensure profit and cost margins are met and consistently kept in line with budget.
In this role you are responsible for recruitment, training, and development of the team to ensure we deliver exceptional service whilst maintaining strict controls of food safety/health & safety ensuring statutory compliance.
At Kimpton we do not follow the usual luxury script there is an opportunity to drive a genuinely different product as well as continuing to elevate the renowned restaurant BABA. The oasis that is the Garden and break new ground across our Banqueting operation. You will be part of a family of passionate hospitality professionals who know that being the best doesn’t always mean working around the clock.
YOUR CORE PURPOSE WILL BE:
- Contributes to the creation of, and executes hotel food and beverage strategy
- Accountable for the integration of the kitchen departments promoting a welcoming and inclusive environment
- Fully accountable for the quality of all food leaving the kitchen
- Accountable for overall performance of the team including guest experience, workforce planning (including recruitment and rostering)
- Attract, develop and retain talent and succession plan
- Analyse problems to understand underlying issues and root causes and makes right
- Create environment where best practice can be shared
- Owns the performance reviews and ongoing colleague engagement
- Defining the purpose and vision of the department in a way which is meaningful and motivating
- Aware of market trends and able to develop a compelling case to implement new food concepts
To be successful as our Executive Head Chef you will be passionate about providing an exceptional guest experience. You will have experience operating as an Executive Chef for more than 2 years in a luxury 4/5* hotel environment with conference facilities for up to 250, you will also have experience of running multiple venues.
You must demonstrate strong H&S knowledge & HAACP systems knowledge, with the ability to engineer profitable seasonable menus that reflects trends and the market.
As Executive head chef you must have experience with managing team of more than 20 colleagues.
What we offer
What’s in for you as a Executive Head Chef (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world
- Upto 55,000.00 per annum basic pay, Plus up to 15% Hotel annual Bonus
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated) (Increases annually 1 day per year)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
The Hotel :
Kimpton Charlotte Square believes that heartfelt connections make people’s lives better. Our colleagues are empowered and encouraged to act from the heart, to go above and beyond to create ridiculously personal experiences for each other and our guests.
Our culture encourages colleagues to be their best selves, and we celebrate the differences of each and every employee. This is reinforced through on-going cultural cornerstones which ensure the Kimpton spirit is consistently experienced across our hotel. Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
An Edinburgh Hotel Beyond the Predictable Perched on the edge of a picturesque private garden in the New Town, Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel blends traditional glamour with the Scotland of today, want to be part of this Lifestyle Luxury property?
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Executive Head Chef, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.