If you can stand the heat, get into our kitchens!
We understand that working in the kitchen is a tough gig! Hot, sweaty, steamy and greasy! But that said our team still have a brilliant time - Why? Because the food they prepare, cook and serve makes our guests smile and wanting more. What makes it such a fun place to work is the teamwork, everyone getting stuck in and making it happen. Listen, you don't need to be Gordon Ramsey or Jamie Oliver but what you do need to be is a brilliant you! A great attitude, a willingness to work hard alongside your team and have fun is all we're asking of you.
Even though we're not looking for Al a Carte chef's we are looking for team that have a basic level of skill and kitchen experience to hold you in the best possible stead of being successful as well as being able to demonstrate that you are a great team player as well as being able to work unsupervised during busy times and keen to learn. Joining our team as a Kitchen Team Member with Stonegate will give you the opportunity to develop important skills such as:
- Communication skills by listening to other team and management
- Experience of working under pressure including managing a workload at busy times
- Developing an understanding of customer needs and using this knowledge to improve the business
- Building a commercial awareness and the experience of working in a commercial environment
- Working with regulations such as health and safety and licensing laws, and making sure that colleagues understand them
We recruit against 7 core strengths and as part of the selection process we do require candidates to complete a simple 10 minute quiz. This is automated and will communicate via your email address, unfortunately if you do not complete the quiz your application will not be progressed.
In return we can offer you an award winning development programme and access to apprenticeships with 25% discount on food and drink for you and your entire party in all our pubs and venues. We have an employee benefits scheme which gives you discounts across hundreds of brands and services and a contributory pension scheme.