Kimpton Clocktower are looking for a Painter and Decorator on a Fixed Term Contract
A refuge in the capital of cool, with its clock tower and striking Victorian architecture, The Kimpton Clocktower, the Newest Kimpton in the UK is an unmistakable landmark in the city's skyline. A magnificent, terracotta Grade II listed building, with its Iconic Refuge Restaurant and Bar, the hotel is situated in the Manchester City Centre with unique event spaces for up to 1000 delegates and we’re proud to say that our ballroom is the largest single event space within the Northwest of England, want to be part of this Lifestyle Luxury property
We are Looking for a Painter and Decorator to join us in this exciting time of growth, who can commit to 40 hours a week on a fixed Term contract until 31st January 2023. As we are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
We are paying £12.00 per hour, every hour worked paid!
Your day to day
Whilst reporting to the on-site Maintenance Manager you will be working along side a team of skilled Maintenance Assistants.
Your role will involve:
- Preparing surfaces, filling holes, and sealing cracks
- Removing old paint and paper by sanding or scraping
- Inspecting painted surfaces and rectifying flaws or defects
- Paper hanging
- Evaluating jobs and ensuring the correct quantity and quality of materials is ordered
- Maintaining stock levels for current and future jobs
- Tidying and cleaning tools
Working at Kimpton is not just about working, and it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
What we need from you
To succeed as a Painter and Decorator, you will need:
- An eye for detail
- Previous experience as a Painter and Decorator, within Hotel Environment.
- To be ideally qualified to NVQ standard
- To be passionate about delivering great service and have a great understanding of Health and Safety.
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
- A happy and motivated attitude
What we offer
What’s in for you as a Painter and Decorator (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world
- £12.00 per hour (£24960 per annum) plus great IHG perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
You will feel at home with us if you are looking for a place where you can
- Be yourself: Bring in your individuality and the best and ever improving version of you. Who you are is who we are, so bring the real you.
- Lead yourself: Do the right thing when nobody is watching and take initiative. Find creative new ways to delight guests and colleagues, we trust you to learn, grow and continually improve at whatever you do.
- Make it count: Create ridiculously personal experiences (for our guests and our colleagues). What you do matters. You matter.
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.