Wedding & Events Manager
We’d love to meet you - Come and join our Daniel Thwaites Family
We're seeking a warm and friendly Wedding and Events Manager to provide a professional and courteous wedding and event sales service with a view to delivering an exceptional guest experience.
As Wedding and Events Manager, you’ll become a member of our family who helps us create amazing experiences for our guests through delivering warm hospitality in every interaction.
Your day to day will involve:
- Conduct excellent guest show rounds, building rapport and sharing a vision for the event.
- Ensure a focused proactive sales approach to enquiries, ensuring sales opportunities are maximised
- Manage and co-ordinate all Wedding & Events bookings and enquiries, following up in an effective and timely manner and maintaining a high conversion rate
- Being fully conversant with and adhering to the hotel’s selling and rate strategy
- Excellent management of all pre- and post-event communications
- Ensure all details for bookings are kept efficiently and information is handed over to the relevant departments
- Prepare accurate sales reports for Weddings/Events/Christmas on a weekly/monthly basis
- Research and report on competitors to assist in the setting of rates, product and positioning of the wedding market
- Assist with planning internal and external Wedding Fayres and showcase events held at the hotel and off property
- Provide support when the department is hosting events e.g. Wedding fayres, party nights, booker evenings, which can include an occasional evening or weekend
- Bring a clear understanding of the local wedding and event market
- Ensure our high standards are delivered and maintained at all times
- Provide our guests with the warmest hospitality, ensuring they want to return
- Team work
Who are we looking for?
Every day, we want people to come to work to make people feel at ease through delivering warm hospitality. To achieve this, you will need to be friendly, extremely personable and have the ability to deliver the company standards in each interaction.
Weddings & Events are very important to our guests but they also mean a lot to us too! We pride ourselves on providing fantastic experiences in beautiful locations with service at the heart of everything we do.
As Wedding and Events Manager, you will be passionate about hospitality and your warm, genuine and professional personality will shine through as you welcome new clients and maintain relationships already established. You will utilise your service ethic to excite and delight our guests to deliver an irresistible experience. Through your sales experience, you will promote every part of the hotel and maximize revenue at every opportunity to drive sales and achieve your targets.
If you have a flair for organisation with great communication skills and you can turn ideas into reality, then this could be the role for you.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A fun environment where you will receive the training and support to develop and progress
- Wagestream - the ability to access up to 40% of your wages as you earn them each week
- Free parking
- Tips paid monthly
- Free meal whilst on duty
- Health cash plan with access to discounted perks
- Use of our brilliant gym on site and discounted Spa treatments
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Discounted accommodation, food and drink in our beautiful properties across the country
- Pension & Life assurance
- Long service awards, including free meals and free stays with your friends or family