Chewton Glen is a true English original. From the unique 72 bedrooms including 14 one of a kind Treehouses, to the award-winning spa and state of the art James Martin cookery school, it has an abundance of ways to revive your senses. The blissful 130 acres of woodland are home to an indoor and outdoor tennis centre, a 9-hole golf course, heritage orchard, 70 working beehives, a walled kitchen garden, croquet lawn and more.
What's in it for you?
- Up to £22,886 annual salary depending on hours
- Up to £3,000 estimated annual service charge (non-contractual)
- Meals included on duty
- Employee recognition awards
- Cashback healthcare cover after probation
- Continued career development with recognised training providers
- Generous friends and family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all food and beverage
- Discount on spa treatment and products
- Refer a friend incentive
- Team social events, seasonal gifts and much more…
Check out behind the scenes here: https://www.instagram.com/chewtoncareers/
Night Porter - about you
- Full, clean driving license is required
- Experience working in a previous Night Porter role is desirable
- Hotel/Hospitality experience is desirable but a keen interest in customer service is more important for this role
- Confidence and motivation for working throughout the night is essential
- You will have keen eye for detail, organisational skills and confident in communicating with the team
Key Responsibilities of the Night Porter
- To assist the Night Manager and Assistant Night Manager and all departments when necessary
- Be confident in the geography of the hotel and accessing all areas
- Transport our guests across the estate using the hotel company car or electric buggies
- Be confident with fire training and fire drill practices
- Organise early check outs and organise settling bills ensuring payment is taken correctly
- To communicate with the early Duty Manager on any ongoing encounters in the night
- Be proficient in hotel computer systems as trained by the Night Manager
- Establish a courteous, helpful, and friendly attitude to all guests at all times.
- Assist with servicing, room service and guest transfers for the treehouses understanding teamwork and flexibility
If this role is of interest to you, then please apply now! We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.