We are currently recruiting for a Sous Chef to join our restaurant in Rossendale on a full time basis working 42.5 hours per week.
You will support the Head Chef in the planning, organising and day-to-day running of the kitchen, ensuring a consistent high standard of product and service.
Due to the nature of the role, we require flexibility. You will be required to work weekends, evenings, and public holidays.
What’s in it for our Sous Chef?
- A competitive salary
- 29 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- An extra day off to celebrate your birthday!
- 25% Staff discount
- Company incentives
- Other lifestyle benefits including; Reward and recognition scheme, Denplan, Cycle to work +more.
What you will be doing as our Sous Chef:
- To contribute towards the development of seasonal menus and recipes, sharing good practice To control stocks and purchases.
- The keep the purchase of materials within allocated budgets.
- The ensure resources are managed effectively.
- To maintain the kitchen equipment, as specified by respective manufacturers.
- To ensure that all kitchen staff clean the kitchen after use and, at the end of each shift, leave the kitchen in a clean andhygienic state.
- To supervise junior staff and carry out formal supervisions with junior staff as delegated.
- To be committed to a team ethos across and always respect the diversity of other team members.
- To actively contribute to the preparation and cooking of food and the cleaning of the kitchen area
- To follow Health & Safety guidance and COSHH and be aware of the Food Safety Act 1990
- To comply with the companies Safer Catering Management/HACCP systems
- To follow company policy and procedures including health and safety
- To ensure that all kitchen staff are appropriately attired as per company policy.
- To deputise for the head chef at catering meetings and forums when required.
About our Sous Chef:
The successful applicant will hold relevant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Qualifications and have at least 2 years kitchen experience with experience in stock control. The applicant will be hardworking, a team Player and remain fully flexibile to suit the needs of the business.
So, if you want a challenging and rewarding role at the cutting edge of sports retail then apply today!