Working with us provides great benefits, including:
- Access your pay as you earn it through our financial wellbeing platform ‘Wagestream,’ a tool that lets you track your earnings in real-time, access a percentage of your pay as you earn it, learn easy tips for managing your money and save straight from your pay into pots for the future.
- Discounted Hotel Stays across our UK sites, and if you work for a branded venue, around the World!
- 50% off Food & Beverage at all our Hotels & F&B Venues
- Spa Discounts at our venues with a Spa
- Retail, Cinema & Leisure Discounts
- Development Opportunities via our ‘Grow with us’ initiative, including Apprenticeship opportunities, our Development Programmes, and more!
- Monthly ‘Star of the Month’ Awards
- Long-service Awards, that start after 1 year of service
- ‘Recommend a Friend’ Incentive – Be rewarded for referring someone you know!
- Access to a confidential ‘Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)’ available 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Pension Scheme
- Other incentive programmes that run throughout the year
About the role…
Keeping our hotel running smoothly is vital to our guest's experience – working in Maintenance, you’ll keep everything looking amazing and running like clockwork. You’ll have good troubleshooting skills to resolve jobs that arise, and have enthusiasm to complete simple repairs along with being forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support your work, you’ll approach every task with devotion and pride.
Within this role you may also complete painting and decorating to keep our hotel looking it's best! You may work indoors, or outdoors, alone, or with a team of other professionals.
- You’ll have experience of at least one year in maintenance or repair work
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office and other operating systems typically used within this role
- Knowledge of hand tools - you’ll also have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures, with recognised qualifications where appropriate
- A level of fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot
- Great communication and customer service skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
- Ability to work independently with a cooperative spirit when working with peers
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio, we're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We are a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.