We’re looking for an experienced Sous chef to join our team at The Cross Keys Pub in Chelsea, with the plan to move into Head chef role within 3-6 months.
We need someone who can help manage a busy kitchen, confidently cook and plate modern food, support with key kitchen tasks like ordering, prep lists, OH&S, as well as having a good understanding at food GP, staff wage costs, and monthly profit/loss data.
Most importantly, we want someone who is friendly, respectful, loves amazing food and is keen to be part of our Cross Keys family.
We are passionate about good food, have lots of fun in the kitchen, and are committed to giving our chefs a good work life balance.
We also provide significant on-site training and can train the right candidate. We invest significantly into our staff and work to give them all the tools they need to succeed.
Why should you come and work with us?
- 4 days on, 3 days off each week
- On site training in all aspects of kitchen management including GP calculations, Rota, profit/loss management, staff management etc.
- Modern pub food with most items prepared from scratch in house
- Uniforms provided and laundered professionally
- Closed kitchen with tunes played all day
- Good opportunities to develop professionally - develop skills on running a kitchen from developing menus, GP calculations, recruitment, Rotas etc.
- Supportive and inclusive environment -
We have a tight-knit team with many of us having worked in the pub for 2-3 years. We are the oldest pub in Chelsea with a strong regular following and are consistently busy.
There are many opportunities to grow in this company - we are part of a group of 24 pubs (Cirrus Inns) and there is space for the right candidate to move up into more senior roles.