Relief Lead Cook (Peripatetic)
Relief Lead Cook (Peripatetic)
Field Studies Council - Various Southern Locations
Up to £27,089 per annum plus benefits + Golden Hello
37.5 hours per week.
For our South locations covering Devon, South Wales, Suffolk, Surrey and West Somerset
Up to £2,400 pro rata Golden Hello Payment available (Terms and Conditions apply)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Relief Lead Cook to join our friendly teams, travelling and working at field centres across the North Region catering for groups of all ages, resident and non-resident.
Work/Life balance - No late shifts. Finish time normally 8pm at the latest.
Overall Job purpose:
During each placement, the Relief Lead Cook will have delegated management responsibilities for all aspects of the catering operation to deliver a quality service to our incoming groups. Invariably we cater for a wide range of diets including vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, nut free etc so require an experienced person to devise and cook meals for up to 160 visitors.
You will have 3 years+ catering experience; a relevant catering qualification; management experience and experience of monitoring and recording all catering functions in accordance with safe catering practices ensuring compliance at all times e.g. HACCP, Safer Food Better Business; a minimum of Level 3 Food Hygiene certificate; and experience of supervising catering staff
- Delivery of an efficient, hygienic and safe catering service that meets the demands of our customers
- Cooking and delivery of breakfast and evening meals: set mealtimes with one or two sittings and two to three menu choices at each
- Ensuring compliance with health and hygiene regulations and other relevant legislation
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
What we also offer
- Pension schemes
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Training & development
- Free parking
- Retail discounts
- Family leave
- Flexible working
- Free refreshments
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact Nick Lapthorn on email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application in due course.
Applications will be considered upon arrival.
Interviews are scheduled to take place via zoom or at the nearest Field Studies Council location on a date to be confirmed.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
We want to create a world where everyone feels connected to the environment so they can enjoy the benefits it gives and make choices that help protect it.
As an Investors in People charity, we realise that to achieve our vision we need diverse teams of staff who have a wide range of skills, a real passion for the work of the charity and pride in their role within it. No matter what role you perform at the FSC, everyone can make a difference and every role is vital to delivering our mission and vision…if this inspires you, we would love to hear from you.