The Lygon Arms Hotel is an old coaching inn which sits in the heart of Broadway village – often called ‘the jewel of the Cotswolds’ – and boasts a rich history. With the spa tucked in a tranquil pocket at the hotel, 86 unique bedrooms, secluded gardens and relaxed dining experiences, there are so many ways to soak up the countryside pace.
Events Co-ordinator - What's in it for you?
- £23,000 annual salary
- Annual service charge (non-contractual)
- Meals included on duty
- Staff accommodation available near the hotel
- Employee recognition awards
- Cashback healthcare cover after probation
- Continued career development with recognised training providers
- Generous friends and family rate at Iconic Luxury Hotels
- 25% discount on all food and beverage
- Discount on spa treatment and products
- Refer a friend incentive
- Team social events, seasonal gifts and much more…
Events Co-ordinator - Aim of the role
To be responsible for all Weddings / FAM Visits / Internal & Special Events on site at The Lygon Arms in order to exceed all guest expectations and maximize revenue opportunities.
To be the main point of contact on site for the central events office and guests liaison to ensure the smooth operation for all guest services
Responsibilities of Events Co-ordinator:
- To have full product knowledge of The Lygon Arms to be confident in answering all enquiries and maximize sales accordingly.
- Take ownership and be responsible for taking all Wedding enquiries at Lygon from sending proposals, conducting site visits, sending contracts, invoicing, producing functions sheets and being the point of contact on the day
- To be passionate and take pride in co-ordinating all internal events, special events (guest speaker lunches, cocktail, wine tasting evenings) and FAM trips, produce function sheets and issue updates as required for these events
- To hold a daily call with central events to ensure effective communication.
- Visits to the Central Events office to have a full understanding of systems and procedures whilst building relationships with the team and removing barriers.
- Showing teamwork and flexibility, support the Central Events team and work together to maximise revenue opportunities at hotel level.
- Attend the weekly function pack meeting and feedback any queries to central events team
- To take ownership in tracking and monitoring responses to specific marketing activity.
- To take ownership and ensure that Opera is kept up to date and all enquiries are logged
- To take ownership and ensure that duplicate profiles are not created and guest profiles up to date
- To be confident in conducting site visits for the Central Events Team when required
- To produce stationary (menus, place cards & table plan) for all events.
- To send the central event team receipts from events so they can cross check PM and agree with accounts to send.
- To be passionate in having a full knowledge of all special offers and promotions and to offer them where appropriate.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel's Fire Safety procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
- All staff should be confident in understanding and executing the company's policies and procedures with respect to privacy, confidentiality and data protection.