Daily duties of the role will include;
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and adhering to Health and Safety protocols.
- Working with existing chefs to follow recipes preparing food for our customers. This includes preparing ingredients as per the Chef's instructions.
- You will learn the fundamentals of cooking, such as knife skills, how to handle ingredients correctly, basic cooking and portion sizes.
- Listen to instructions and work as part of a team, completing a variety of kitchen tasks effectively.
- Cleaning and sanitizing all meal preparation areas as well as kitchen walls, stoves, sinks, ovens, and grills. Washing dirty dishes, cutting boards, utensils, and cooking equipment.
- Sweeping and mopping all kitchen areas during shifts and at the end of shifts.
- Ensuring that refrigerators, freezers, and storage areas are clean and well-organised.
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation.
- Working with HIT training to complete their apprenticeship programme and to keep up to date with each segment of the training.