Chef de Rang at Wiltons on Jermyn Street
Since Wiltons was established in 1742, it has consistently enjoyed a reputation as the epitome of fine British dining in London. The atmosphere is perfectly matched with the immaculately prepared wild fish, shellfish, and game in season and meat dishes sourced from the finest farms.
Wiltons combines a modern philosophy on service with all that is traditionally British to create the perfect dining experience. Noted since 1742 for the finest oysters, fish and game.
The restaurant’s sister restaurant is Franco’s also on Jermyn Street, both of which are owned by the Hambros family.
Wiltons is open for lunch and dinner from Monday to Friday and dinner on Saturday’s.
- Will be confident and a naturally good communicator
- Will have a high level of awareness and an ability to anticipate guest needs
- Have the ability to speak and understand and write in English fluently
- Will have a good general knowledge of British cuisine
- Will have at least 1 years’ experience as a waiter in a similar sized restaurant
- Experience in serving different styles of dishes and their accompaniments
- Be able to work in an fast paced and pressured restaurant environment
- Have experience and a good awareness of opportunities to improving sales
- Have exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have a good knowledge of the different grape varieties and wine styles
- A working knowledge of spirits and classic cocktails
- Will take pride in their appearance and be well-presented and groomed at all times
The Role & Duties:
- 8/9 shifts per week – approximately 45 hours per week with 2 days off (Including Sunday)
- Setting up the restaurant for the following service
- Assisting the Head Waiter in running a section of between 8 and 11 tables
- Taking drinks and dessert orders according to the guest desires
- Being able to recommend dishes based on the information provided by the guest
- Ensure guests have the correct cutlery and glass ware depending on their order
- Maintain the restaurant standards throughout the shift
- Be able to spot opportunities to improve sales & exceed the guests expectations
- Adhere to the restaurant Health & Safety policy, responsibilities & obligations
- Competitive remuneration – starting from £25,000 which includes participation in our tronc scheme – reviewed following a 3 month probation period
- 8/9 shifts a week with 2 days off - approximately 45 hours
- The restaurant is closed on Sundays & Bank holidays
- Uniforms provided
- 50% discount in each restaurant
- Company pension scheme
- Meals whilst on duty
- Training & development opportunities
Please note that applications without a CV will not be considered. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days, your application is unlikely to have been successful on this occasion.