The Refuge are looking for a Sous Chef to join their growing Kitchen Team
The Refuge Dining Room is a glam-meets-industrial destination restaurant that bring all tribes to the core of Kimpton Clocktower Hotel: local workers, city residents, visitors, business travellers, and everyone in between. The menu is eclectic, with small dishes and sharing platters that meld flavours from all over the world with Mancunian style.
Our Sous Chef will be supporting the Executive Chef to complete all elements of Kitchen operation and help to support and manage the team. Our Sous Chefs ensures all food, if for conference or a ticket from our restaurant is received in a timely manner to the highest quality and that the guest expectations are consistently exceeded in line with a Kimpton stay which is a laid-back and original luxury experience that offers guests the finer things without the fuss. No detail is too small, and no request is too large.
Your day to day
We are looking for an ambitious individual, who is passionate about food. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll be expected to encourage your team in everything they do, while providing and maintaining a fun, positive and creative atmosphere.
We are looking someone who can commit to 40 hours a week.
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
What we need from you
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion
To succeed as our Sous Chef, you will need:
- To have been a Sous Chef in a similar size and type of property or to have been a Senior Chef de Partie ready for your next step!
- To have experience managing a team
- To be experienced in local cuisine, with practical experience of at least one other cuisine and experience catering meetings, social events and restaurants
- As a minimum, must have completed level 3 Food Safety certification and have knowledge in HACCP
- Knowledge of appropriate systems to support operational processes– Micros Simphony (or relevant POS), Procure Wizard and Quinyx
- Has knowledge of appropriate working to brand standards relating to food and the ability to create and deliver appropriate menus, using appropriate suppliers and product
- Is part of external networks and is up to date with critical issues and trends in food
- Has the technical skills to work on every section for every service period in the kitchen
What we offer
So, what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, so we can offer you a market leading package:
- Up to £38,000.00 per annum with additional service charge on top of this!
- Average 40 Hours per week – with opportunity for paid overtime
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Do you have what it takes to be our Sous Chef? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.