Payroll Associate, HRSS
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries to deliver true hospitality for good. Our diverse portfolio of differentiated brands is well known and loved by millions of consumers around the world.
We genuinely care for our entire IHG Hotels & Resorts family. All our colleagues are valued, and their wellbeing matters to us. We provide the support our colleagues need to succeed and recognise them for their hard work. Our diverse global community values different perspectives and cultures.
Your day to day
This position can be based in our Denham or Branston Headquarters.
As a Payroll Associate you would perform all activities necessary to process and deliver the payroll with a high level of attention to detail. The ideal candidate would have a good understanding of the end-to-end processes within payroll complying with our Company policies and procedures. Thus, enabling the employees to be paid accurately and in a timely manner. Ensuring all records are kept up to date, able to communicate well to resolve queries providing an excellent experience for all employees. Support the Specialists within the team by having a flexible approach to prioritise, organise workloads through to delivery of payroll excellence.
- Inputs collection and consolidation for payroll and benefit related items
- Collaborate with HR team to receive all payroll instruction details, check for accuracy and completeness, prepare for payroll input for process. Transactions can include new hires, rehires, promotions, transfers, compensation changes, terminations, etc.
- Administer the processing of variable components of Pay i.e., paid time off, bonuses, deductions etc. through a defined process Providing information and answering employee questions about payroll & benefit related matters
- Maintaining employee records in the payroll systems and files
- Ensure data is aligned between HR system, Payroll systems and Employee files and working with regional HR Teams for alignment
- Process payments via Finance Systems as required
- Perform data checks before every payroll and perform controls before payroll approval
- Propose and work on process improvement for countries and processes
- Perform as backup for assigned tasks when needed
- Provide inputs for Audit requests within agreed timeframes
- Ensure GPS processes & procedures are aligned to company policies
- Documentation of GPS payroll SOP’s ensuring they are updated when required
What we need from you
- Diploma in HR desired but not essential
- Formal payroll qualification or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience within a HR or payroll centralized role
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Good IT skills (i.e., Advanced Excel, Payroll Systems, Financial Systems)
- Strong communication skills with good verbal and written English
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Aptitude in problem solving
- Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach
- HR Generalist knowledge is desirable
What we offer you
At IHG we give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a hybrid way, blending remote and office working. Although we thrive on collaborating in person, we expect that you’re likely to spend time working remotely. Every role is different, and colleagues work with their team and their leader to determine how and when they collaborate in person. We like to believe we offer a unique culture where you have room to be yourself.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong industry competitive package, including healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity equity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process and working environment.
Whilst this role may initially be based in our Denham head office location, by September 2022 we will be relocating to our new Global Headquarters in central Windsor, so you will need to be able to travel to Windsor as required in the longer term.
Closing date for applications: 14/07/2022