We are on the look out for an experienced Pub Manager.
As a Manager, you will be responsible for the commercial success of the business. In this management position you would oversee the running of all aspects of the business, including front-of-house work, letting rooms, staff recruitment, accounting, stock control, marketing and advertising, with support given by your Operations Manager and the marketing department.
Being the manager will require strong management, commercial and practical skills as well a key eye for detail and retail standards. You’ll have to constantly adapt to ensure that the pub is profitable, pleasant and safe and that it is run in accordance with the law and ethical guidelines. As a company we believe it is important for our pub managers to lead from the front.
As the sale of alcohol is restricted in the UK, pubs, restaurants, shops and other premises must be licensed by the local authority. As a pub manager, you’ll have a personal licence to sell alcohol.
In general, your duties will include:
- interacting with customers (including serving food and drink) and ensuring that high standards of customer service are achieved and maintained.
- making sure you comply with health and safety regulations at all times in the pub, kitchen and other areas
- organising and advertising entertainment such as live music events, comedy nights and quizzes, which may involve researching and recruiting talent
- knowledge and experience in managing letting rooms would be preferable.
- running promotional campaigns to market house products
- collecting and acting on customer feedback to improve the overall running of the venue
- analysing the data from stock checks, placing orders with suppliers and restocking (which involves physical work)
- ensuring regular maintenance of the premises, including cleaning and repairs
- recruiting, training and managing staff, including leading meetings to update and motivate staff
- monitoring profitability and performance to ensure sales targets are exceeded
- meeting with the operations manager to assess pub performance and set sales targets
- maintaining relations with members of the local community, the police and liquor licensing authorities.
In return for the above we offer the following:
- Workplace pension
- Full training and development
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Salary competitive and dependant on experience