voco Oxford Spires has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Kitchen Porter!!
voco® Oxford Spires, a stylish hotel in Oxford close to the River Thames, we’re a short stroll from fascinating museums and university colleges in the city centre. At voco® Oxford Spires our guest rooms offer welcoming voco® flourishes. Enjoy all-day dining in Deacons Restaurant and cocktails in Deacons bar with outside options for eating and drinking on the attractive terraces. The Hotel is surrounded by gardens and if you’re lucky (and quiet) you might even spot our resident family of muntjac deer.
We are Looking for Kitchen Porter to join our growing Kitchen Team!!
We are paying £10.00 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
At voco everyone’s a host, if there’s one thing we know, it’s that a great host is at the heart of every great stay as we understand what our guest wants by delivering easy-going but attentive service.
What’s in for you as a Kitchen Porter (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world
- £10.00 – Every Hour Worked Paid!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this, from Cleaning to prepping vegetables. Our kitchen Porter role plays a vital part in delivering a superior guest experience.
To succeed as a Kitchen Porter, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service
- Previous experience as a Kitchen Porter, or Prep Chef
- Experience with working in a busy kitchen environment & being able to work with deadlines.
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Kitchen Porter, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.