Principal York has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Finance Assistant
Principal York being steps from the train station and is the perfect base from which to discover the historic city of York. Blending the grandeur of late-Victorian architecture with the comforts of modern travel, at Principal York we offer our guests the warmest welcome this side of the Pennines. Our hotel and teams combined, make the Principal York more than just a place to sleep. It is a place of memories.
Our Finance Assistant works closely with the operations and non operations teams, as part of IHG Hotels & Resorts, a FTSE 100 Company with a Global footprint that specialize in delivering True Hospitality for Good.
Finance Assistant receive some great Benefits:
- £25000 per annum plus great IHG perks!
- 40 Hours a week
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family, and friends?
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail, and motoring?
- Vast range of learning and development programmes?
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group? both national and international.
- Meals whilst on duty?
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your day to day
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well working on your own initiative, this role is for you.
It’s important to remember your importance and the reason for completing each job- working within the Finance team our Finance Assistants key responsibilities include:
- Accounts Payable - Managing of Procure Wizard Procurement system.
- Income Audit - Complete Daily Income Audit as per Checklist, resolving imbalances directly with Hotel Team members & identifying and raising significant audit discrepancies with the Cluster Finance Lead & senior management.
- Petty Cash management
- Daily revenue reporting
- Cash and credit card balancing
- Other responsibilities as designated by the Financial Controller to ensure timely production of accounts & complying with Statutory and CSA Audit requirements.
What we need from you
Given the nature of this role it’s important that you have experience working in a Finance Role in a hotel or hospitality environment and hold an accounting qualification preferred or applicable work experience.
- With previous experience of working within a team environment
- Knowledge of AP; Income Audit, ideally within a hospitality environment (Preferred but not essential)
- Demonstrates relevant functional experience and good knowledge of relevant topics
- Excel skills
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Finance Assistant, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.