InterContinental Edinburgh The George are looking for Events Assistants to join the growing team...
InterContinental® Edinburgh The George has been welcoming hotel guests since 1881 where it is nested in the UNESCO World Heritage area of the beautiful and cultured city of Edinburgh. At its heart are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh’s most prosperous citizens and with proud connections with literacy legends such as Robbie Burns and Sir Walker Scott. Today, The InterContinental Edinburgh The George offers all luxuries the service and luxury of an InterContinental® life, with charming character in our rooms, our own Printing Press Bar & Restaurant, very own Burr & Co Coffee Shop and enchanting hospitality throughout.
We are looking for individuals who can work part time or full time in this fast paced and exciting environment. One day you might be doing a corporate meeting, a baby shower, a Christmas event or a wedding! It really is the department with the most variety!
We want creative, adaptable, and energetic people to work in this varied department.
We are paying £10.50 per hour - every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
At Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the Intercontinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
What’s in for you as an Events Assistant (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- £10.50 per Hour
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering first-rate guest service through your high-quality work, this role is for you.
To succeed in our Events team, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and great food and drinks
- Previous experience as an event waiter/ bartender is preferential but not a deal breaker!
- Experience with working with customers in a busy environment
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.