Kimpton Fitzroy London are looking for a Room Service Manager (Maternity Leave Contract) to join their 5* team.
A “London Hotel Like No Other”, Kimpton Fitzroy London is an iconic 19th-century building which meets the London of today: From the outside, this landmark building, which occupies the eastern side of Bloomsbury’s Russell Square, looks every bit the part of grande dame. Inside, though, contemporary interiors beckon the discerning traveller to settle in and stay a while. Want to be part of this Lifestyle Luxury property?
Our Room Service Managers support the Head of Food & Beverage with the effective and efficient running of the hotel F&B teams, with direct responsibility for the Room Service department ensuring financial targets are achieved whilst maintaining the highest of standards to ensure guest expectation is consistently exceeded.
Room Service Manager’s communicates both internally within the Food & Beverage Team and externally, both with the wider hotel team and immediate locale to ensure the guest experience is personalised and always exceeds expectation.
Working as a Room Service Manager you will ensure all team members are trained and manage the shift you are working, and the outlets assigned you will work a variety of shifts, including Days, Evening & Night Shifts, over Weekdays & Weekends including Bank Holidays.
*Please note this is a MAT leave contract until January 2023*
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion!
What we offer
What’s in it for you as our Room Service Manager:
We are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts® family, a global company - which means global opportunities! We are a market leader with the aim of delivering ‘True Hospitality for Good’. Our Room Service Manager enjoys a range of benefits including.
- Up to £40,500 full time salary and great IHG perks!
- Fixed-term contract (Ending January 2023)
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all employees – plus Friends & Family.
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our HAPI benefit portal – with access to over 15,000 stores (Supermarkets, clothing stores, cinema tickets, eye care vouchers)
- Season ticket loan
- 24/7 access to our staff wellbeing service ‘Yourhalo’, providing free confidential support and guidance for mental and physical health and financial wellbeing.
- Complimentary monthly wellbeing initiatives plus medical plan.
- Subsidised taxi journey home for shifts finishing between 00:00 and 05:00
- 50% off F&B in our restaurants (Galvin Bar & Grill, Burr & Co, Palm Court and Fitz’s Bar)
- Recognition through our Bravo programme – Where you can give and receive rewards & recognition for outstanding work!
- Continual Learning & Development opportunities
- Access to HIT Apprenticeships
- Employee of the month programme
- Exciting social events throughout the year!
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Meals whilst on duty in our staff restaurant
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
To succeed as our Room Service Manager you should be able to:
- Perform a variety of activities as needed across all food and beverage departments, as a minimum; supervise a large scale meeting, wedding or social event and host and supervise a service across all meal periods
- Expected to have completed Food Safety Level 2 and completion of other appropriate and relevant courses
- Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes table reservation and management system, Micros Simphony (or relevant POS) and Quinyx
- Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge with an understanding on critical issues and potential technology and trends in hotel food and beverage
- Can talk through activities that would be required on a food and beverage marketing calendar and recognizes how to impact different booking channels
Do you have what it takes to be our Room Service Manager?
We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.