InterContinental London Park Lane has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Food & Beverage Operations Manager!
Situated at one of the capital’s most prestigious addresses - where Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II once used to reside, InterContinental London Park Lane reinvents traditional luxury to present modern and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks, the hotel delivers elegant natural interiors and award-wining seasonal cuisine.
Our Food & Beverage Operations Managers support the Head of Food & Beverage with the effective and efficient running of the hotel food and beverage teams, with direct responsibility for up to four divisions within the department ensuring financial targets are achieved whilst maintaining the highest of standards to ensure guest expectation is consistently exceeded.
Food & Beverage Operation's Manager’s communicates both internally within the Food & Beverage Team and externally, both with the wider hotel team and immediate locale to ensure the guest experience is personalised and always exceeds expectation.
Working as a Food & Beverage Operations Manager you will ensure all team members are trained and manage the shift you are working, and the outlets assigned you will work a variety of shifts, including Days, Evening & Night Shifts, over Weekdays & Weekends including Bank Holidays.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the InterContinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
What we offer
What’s in it for you as our Food & Beverage Operations Manager:
We are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts® family, a global company - which means global opportunities! We are a market leader with the aim of delivering ‘True Hospitality for Good’. Our Food & Beverage Operations Managers enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Up to £41,000 salary plus great IHG perks!
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all employees – plus Friends & Family.
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our HAPI benefit portal – with access to over 15,000 stores (Supermarkets, clothing stores, cinema tickets, eye care vouchers)
- Pension scheme enrolment after 3-month probation
- Season ticket loan
- 24/7 access to our staff wellbeing service ‘Yourhalo’, providing free confidential support and guidance for mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Complimentary monthly massage therapy, foot doctor plus free medical plan.
- Subsidised taxi journey home for shifts finishing between 00:00 and 05:00
- 50% off F&B in our restaurant Theo Randall and Wellington Lounge
- Recognition through our Bravo programme – Where you can give and receive monetary bonuses and recognition for outstanding work!
- Continual Learning & Development opportunities such as apprenticeships and specific culinary workshops.
- Employee of the month programme
- Exciting social events throughout the year such as ‘quiz nights’ and ‘bowling nights’ to name a few!
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Meals whilst on duty in our staff restaurant ‘Park Lane Café’
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
To succeed as our Food & Beverage Operations Manager, you will need:
- Food & Beverage duty management and team leadership experience for 2+ years in a property of similar size & standard.
- Can perform a variety of activities as needed across all food and beverage departments, as a minimum; supervise a large scale meeting, wedding or social event and host and supervise a service across all meal periods
- Expected to have completed Food Safety Level 2 and completion of other appropriate and relevant courses
- Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes table reservation and management system, Micros Simphony (or relevant POS) and Quinyx
- Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge with an understanding on critical issues and potential technology and trends in hotel food and beverage
- Can talk through activities that would be required on a food and beverage marketing calendar and recognizes how to impact different booking channels
Do you have what it takes to be our Food & Beverage Operations Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.