This is a job for someone with experience that loves people and loves beer!
Towcester Mill Brewery produces award-winning draught and bottled beer, housed in an 18th Century old Mill in the heart of Towcester. It has its own busy Tap Room on site which has recently undergone refurbishment following a successful Crowdfunding campaign and its own Bottle Shop selling its real ales and other ciders and spirits.
The Tap Room is a classic, English style pub with eight traditional hand pumps and offers a wide range of traditional ciders, wines and spirits. It is well loved in the community and the Mill has built a reputation as a live music venue, as well as holding live comedy nights, quiz nights and fundraising events. As well as seating on the ground and first floors, it has a function room on the second floor which hosts ticketed events and private celebration events, such as anniversary and special occasion celebrations, Christenings and wakes. It is surrounded by an extensive beer garden with beautiful views across Towcester Watermeadows.
The Tap Room is currently open six days a week, Tues-Sun, from 12pm. It focuses on old fashioned vaues such as conversation, friendship and community and as a result is not a late night venue. It does not have a kitchen.
As Bar Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Tap Room, the function rooms and the bar team. Your number one priority will be ensuring our customers leave happy and want to return! You will have:
- A hardworking, positive attitude with customer service at the heart of everything you do
- An ability to manage, lead and communicate with your team to ensure everyone works happily and efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of cleanliness
- Experience in managing cash, controlling stock, receiving deliveries, health and safety and legal compliance
- Genuine enthusiasm for running and managing events and identifying new opportunities
- Commitment to being punctual, well presented and honest
- Desire to be part of, and integral to, the local community
Working at Towcester Mill Brewery is not just a job - you'll be working in an amazing building in a beautiful location, with great people, surrounded by fantastic local customers and the opportunity to be involved in fun events. Sense of humour required!