Voco St David’s Cardiff are looking for a Weddings and Events Coordinator to join their award winning team
Set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco St David's Cardiff makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. The Admiral at voco St David’s Cardiff is our eclectic restaurant and bar. Our bold flavours draw inspiration from world food cultures and blend perfectly with the best seasonal produce Wales has to offer. The Spa @ St. David’s located in the hotel, offers just the place to unwind and has been voted one of the best spas in the UK. voco St David's Cardiff is a wonderful setting for meetings, conferences, weddings, and celebrations alike.
We are Looking for Weddings and Events Coordinator who can commit to 40 hours a week.
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts.
Your working week will be 5 days out of 7 and will include weekends.
This role combines the expertise of Wedding co-ordination with the administration duties of bookings and reservations, so a keen eye for detail and welcoming telephone manner is a must. You will also be carrying out daily administration tasks, so the ability to work efficiently and accurately is essential. You must be available weekends for Wedding show-arounds.
What’s in for you as a Weddings and Events Coordinator (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, a market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- Salary up to £26000 per annum depending on experience
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Exciting discounts available within the onsite Restaurants and Spa facilities
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service, this role is for you.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- Our guests! whether dealing with customer transactions or dealing with guest queries.
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. Although this is an administration role, you will play a vital part in delivering a fantastic guest experience and it’s important to remain friendly approachable and be the best version of you whenever you come in to contact with one of our guests.
What we need from you
Reporting to the Head of Reservations, Groups, Meeting & Events, you will take responsibility for confirmed weddings and events. Assisting couples with planning their special day. Duties will include:
- Liaising with wedding couple and internal departments
- Hosting of menu tastings
- Liaison with suppliers
- Conducting final details appointments with the wedding couple
- Ensuring all wedding bedroom blocks are correct.
- Prepare wedding stationery (place cards, table plan, floor plan, etc)
- Follow up on and ensure settlement of scheduled payments
- Compiling accurate function sheets; distributing weekly
- Attend Function Sheet Meeting and communicate with all relevant departments.
- Actively consider prevention, recovery, and investigation of any complaints
- Meet & Greet on the wedding day, ensuring all charges are posted to the Pay Master Bill
- Follow up after the wedding and chase for payments of any outstanding amounts (if there are any)
- Communication skills are essential both written and verbal
- Other administrative duties
- Knowledge of Delphi/Opera would be an advantage.
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.