InterContinental London Park Lane are looking for a Kitchen Porter to join our growing Kitchen Team!
Situated at one of the capital’s most prestigious addresses- where Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II once used to reside, InterContinental London Park Lane reinvents traditional luxury to present modern and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks, the hotel delivers elegant natural interiors and award-wining seasonal cuisine.
We are Looking for Kitchen Porter who can commit to working a minimum of 3 days a week.
We are offering an hourly rate paying £11.05 per hour plus service charge.
Our hotel is open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
At Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the Intercontinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
What’s in it for you as our Kitchen Porter:
We are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts® family, a global company - which means global opportunities! We are a market leader with the aim of delivering ‘True Hospitality for Good’. Our Kitchen Porters enjoy a range of benefits including:
- £22,984.00 salary (£11.05 per hour) plus service charge!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all employees – plus Friends & Family.
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our HAPI benefit portal – with access to over 15,000 stores (Supermarkets, clothing stores, cinema tickets, eye care vouchers)
- Pension scheme enrolment after 3-month probation
- Season ticket loan
- 24/7 access to our staff wellbeing service ‘Yourhalo’, providing free confidential support and guidance for mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Complimentary monthly massage therapy, foot doctor plus free medical plan.
- Subsidised taxi journey home for shifts finishing between 00:00 and 05:00
- 50% off F&B in our restaurant Theo Randall and Wellington Lounge
- Recognition through our Bravo programme – Where you can give and receive monetary bonuses and recognition for outstanding work!
- Continual Learning & Development opportunities such as apprenticeships and specific culinary workshops.
- Employee of the month programme
- Exciting social events throughout the year such as ‘quiz nights’ and ‘bowling nights’ to name a few!
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Meals whilst on duty in our staff restaurant ‘Park Lane Café’
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. Our kitchen Porter role plays a vital part in delivering a superior guest experience.
To succeed as a Kitchen Porter, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service
- Previous experience as a Kitchen Porter, or Prep Chef
- Experience with working in a busy kitchen environment & being able to work with deadlines.
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Kitchen Porter, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.