Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship, Painswick - The Calcot Collection
18 years and above: £9.00 per hour
We have all the ingredients – an excellent and supportive Head Chef, Jamie Mccallum. For all commis chefs we are keen for you to stay with us, develop and expand on your skills and career and this we do with a lot of mentoring and training and what’s more a fantastic team of chefs to work along side. A great team all round!
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in the smooth running of the Kitchen Service
- To produce a variety of dishes to a high standard of preparation, production and presentation
- Under the direction of the Head Chef, Sous Chef or Senior Chef de Partie, prepare and produce food as directed using modern methods, equipment, and fresh food.
- Ensure that the section operates effectively on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all food cooked and served is of a high quality.
- Ensure that staff meals are of a good wholesome and healthy standard.
Calcot Manor is a 35-bedroom hotel located near Tetbury, Cotswolds. The Conservatory restaurant in the main house is a light and spacious restaurant overlooking the Calcot grounds, and serves simple but very tasty food. The Gumstool Inn is our very own village-style pub adjacent to the main house, complete with open fire, our fireside grill, stone floors and a proper British pub food menu.
- The perks when working for The Calcot Collection:
- Personal development programmes through the Calcot Academy
- 28 days holiday per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Paid overtime and tips
- Uniform provided
- Meals while on duty
- Free use of car park while on shift
- Long service awards
- Discounts on stays within The Calcot Collection
- £50 B&B (T&C’s apply)
- 50% discount on food purchases within our restaurants (Wine & Bar will be charged)
- Spa Discount – 15% off Spa products, 20% off Spa treatments
- Staff Christmas pressie vouchers for use in any of our properties
- Employee assistance programme