Kitchen Assistant - Sociable Hours!
£9.58 per hour plus benefits
Full-time/or part-time hours - inc. some weekends
Would you like to be part of a new Team at The Gables, Hagley?
A Top 20 Mid-Size Care Home Group 2021 - Cinnamon Care Collection (4th year running)
The Gables in Hagley, near Stourbridge is a luxury 61 bedded residential and dementia care home opening in Autumn 2022.
We are looking for a flexible Kitchen Assistant to work full or part-time hours within the Catering team. If you have a passion for catering we will support with further training and qualifications.
The Kitchen Assistant supports all catering functions within the Cinnamon home and, alongside the Head Chef and other catering staff ensures that all kitchen services are efficient and that the required Health & Safety measures are adhered to within the department. The Kitchen Assistant assists with all the working areas within the homes kitchen. Responsibilities include food preparation, washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen area.
- Support the Head Chef, Chef and other catering team members to deliver all catering services throughout the home, ensuring resident choice at all times.
- Prepare nutritional food and beverages to a high standard, as directed by the Head Chef promptly and in accordance with agreed mealtimes.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and food storage areas at all times in accordance with the appropriate food hygiene regulations.
- Prepare special diet meals as needed and as directed by the Head Chef.
- Physically and medically able to carry out duties and responsibilities with or without assistive aids
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Energetic, passionate and proactive attitude
- Awareness of COSHH and CQC regulations