IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries to deliver true hospitality for good. Our diverse portfolio of differentiated brands is well known and loved by millions of consumers around the world.
We genuinely care for our entire IHG Hotels & Resorts family. All our colleagues are valued, and their wellbeing matters to us. We provide the support our colleagues need to succeed and recognise them for their hard work. Our diverse global community values different perspectives and cultures.
Your day to day
As a Senior Hotel Service Specialist, you will be providing a regional SME technical support service to our EMEAA hotels, driving zero service outages for our hotel business.
- Responsible for delivering an exceptional level of IT Support service to our hotels within the region, acting as the SME for regional support incidents.
- Receiving and owning escalations from hotels, owners and other parts of IHG relating to IHG IT services and solutions that are in production across the EMEA region.
- Ensuring that any incidents are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Supporting the Global Service & Support function with regional expertise and technical knowledge, this role will be the ‘final stop’ from our customer point of view in ensuring our IT Services are restored.
- Providing Early Life Support for newly deployed Services or Solutions.
- Working with our suppliers ensuring they consistently deliver great service at or above contractual SLAs.
- Driving improvements in customer satisfaction.
- Providing a “follow the sun” IT Support model to ensure our hotels are supported 24/7.
- Visiting regional hotels to provide desk side support when required.
- Provide a Major Incident Management service.
what we need from you
Whilst we love experience, mindset is of equal importance. We’re looking for someone who has the ability to think beyond what's been done before. Someone with a real can-do attitude, an eye for detail and the ability to combine creativity and commercial rigor.
- Strong knowledge of Hotel Systems (PMS, POS, B/O, Revenue Systems, S&C, etc)
- ITIL Foundation V3 Certification minimum
- Microsoft and / or Cisco qualifications essential.
- 3+ plus years working in technical support, preferably in a hospitality arena.
- 2+ years’ experience of working within an ITIL environment.
- Supplier Management experience.
- Subject Matter Expert technical ability in three of the following areas and a strong understanding in the others:
- Email and Internet based technologies
- Data Centre operations
- Security and Patch Management
- Microsoft client technologies
- Microsoft server technologies
- Cisco networking technologies
- Citrix thin client technologies
- Virtualization technologies such as Virtual Server, VMware, etc
- IP technical knowledge
- Voice (Analogue & IPT) systems
- Experience of using typical Service Management tools and providing concise reporting.
- Experience of using remote control software and AD management.
What we offer you
At IHG we give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a hybrid way, blending remote and office working. Although we thrive on collaborating in person, we expect that you’re likely to spend time working remotely. Every role is different, and colleagues work with their team and their leader to determine how and when they collaborate in person. We like to believe we offer a unique culture where you have room to be yourself.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong industry competitive package, including healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity equity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process and working environment.
Closing date for applications: 04/07/2022